There are precious few moments in life that are forever remembered and cherished. For example, the first time you see the love of your life dressed for your big day.
Traditionally, couples did not see each other before the ceremony because it was considered “bad luck”. Times and traditions are changing, and for contemporary couples, adding a first look to the wedding day timeline is becoming the standard for many reasons. Here are a few important benefits of experiencing a “first look”:
- Experience More Time With Your Guests: The first look allows for a pre-ceremony portrait session and formals so instead of scheduling time during your celebration you can spend quality time with your guests.
- Attend Cocktail Hour or Connect As Newlyweds: Since the first look allows for the family formals to be done before the ceremony, directly after the ceremony you can spend some alone time together connecting as newlyweds and/or attend part of your cocktail hour
- Create An Additional Unforgettable Moment: A first looks adds to your wedding. Having a first look captures what is perhaps one of the most intimate memories. You still get the unforgettable walk down the aisle moment but a first looks allows for time to relish in the moment and creates another memorable experience that is just about your and your love.
- Get Incredible Photographs: By carving out a special time to first see each other you get to take full advantage of your wedding photographer and create memorable and powerful imagery without being stressed by time.
- Spend More Time Experiencing Your Big Day Together: The wedding day can be a whirlwind, everyone wants to talk to you and it goes by fast! A first look will simply add more time to enjoy and connect as a couple.
You do not have to choose between a first look and the intensity of seeing each other for the first time as you walk down the aisle. They are both different, magical experiences. Why not have both? You deserve to get the most out of your wedding day.
Here are a few examples of some touching first look moments captured over the years...