I really enjoy shooting Engagement Sessions and often get asked by my clients what they should wear for their session. So, I put together a little guide to help future Bride & Grooms everywhere dress the part.
1. Plan on choosing 2-3 different outfits for your session. I recommend one causal look and another that is dressier.
2. You don’t have to “match” each other, but your attire should compliment one another and should be on the same scale. You should look like your going to the same place.
3. Opt for sleek, fitted layers over baggy clothing. They don’t need to be skin-tight but you should be able to see the shape of your silhouette.
4. We highly recommend wearing heels. These will elongate your legs and help maintain better posture.
5. Avoid wearing white or grey, a bold pop of color can photograph beautifully!
6. Dresses aren’t for everyone, but if you’re proud of your legs dresses look amazing on film! If you find yourself being self-conscious about your lower half, then dark or black denim look best.
Finally, enjoy your self and have fun with it! This is the time for you to really get to know your photographer and have an amazing images to share with friends and family.
This is a really great article on a subject that can get really tied up in knots!
I also love the shot with the yellow bus! Awesome lighting and “feel” in the shot!!! 🙂